- Use dried oregano leaves or dill weed for the coriander and omit the chili powder
- Use 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander (known as cilantro or Chinese parsley) for the ground.
- Use the dressing with tortilla chips, cooked shrimp, or fresh sliced vegetables such as green peppers, cauliflower, mushrooms, cucumbers, carrots, and zucchini.
Green Salad with Avocado Dressing
- 2 large ripe avocados peeled and pits removed
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
Mash avocado pulp with vinegar. Mixture need not be smooth.
Blend in remaining ingredients.
Cover tightly and chill 1 hour. Garnish with parsley sprig. Serve over crisp chilled salad greens.