Oooo, this recipe for Cottage Potato Pie from the My Great Recipes collection just screams winter comfort food. There are potatoes, cottage cheese, plus both Swiss and Parmesan cheese.
Reader Daphne let me know that she’d given away her collection and that this was one of three favorites; the other two were Pork Chop Spanish Rice, and Rice with Ham Peas and Cheese.
Cottage Potato Pie
- 1 9 or 10-inch unbaked prepared pie shell optional
- 6 medium potatoes boiled
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 4 ounces swiss cheese sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 10 cherry tomatoes halved
Peel the potatoes and mash well.
Mix potatoes with cheese, yogurt, salt, and pepper.
Brush pie shell with mustard. Fill with half the potato mixture.
Layer cheese slices over potatoes. Top with remaining potatoes. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Arrange tomatoes (or tomato slices) around the pie 10 minutes before done. Let pie sit for 10 minutes before slicing.