This salad from My Great Recipes takes a new approach to an old favorite and makes a tasty luncheon entree.
Good served with crusty French or sourdough bread and a fresh fruit salad.
Any leftover cooked cold meats would work equally well instead of the chicken.
Salads and Their Dressings, Section 2, Card 109
Hot Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 1 to mato finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup black olives chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 avocados halved
- 1/2 cup monterey jack or swiss cheese shredded
Combine chicken, tomato, onion, olives, sunflower nuts, dill weed, and black pepper.
Thoroughly mix together mayonnaise and mustard. Toss with chicken mixture.
Mound chicken salad into avocado halves. Sprinkle each half with 2 tablespoons cheese.
Place under broiler until cheese melts. Serve immediately.