Pear-shaped and buttery avocado halves make convenient ‘bowls’ for chunked tuna salad highlighted with lemon and oregano. they make a simple but nourishing luncheon dish for family or friends.
This recipe from My Great Recipes is good served with sliced fresh tomatoes, wheat muffins, and coconut cake for dessert.
Salads and Their Dressings, Section 2, Card 101
Tuna Avocado Salad
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 7- ounce can tuna fish packed in oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
Cut avocados in half. Remove pits. Brush or sprinkle with extra lemon juice to avoid darkening.
Combine remaining ingredients and spoon into avocado halves and serve.