Easily made, easily served and economical, this spread is good not only for appetizers, but also for sandwiches. You will want to make it many times.
Serve as a spread for appetizers with crackers and crisp raw vegetables, garnished with grated lemon peel and parsley, or use it as a sandwich filling with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
- Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed to the spread, if you wish.
- For 2 servings: half of the ingredients. Use 1 small can salmon.
- For 8 servings, double the ingredients.
Makes 4 servings.
Hot and Cold Appetizers, Section 1, Card 32
Mustardy Salmon Spread
- 1 15 1/2- ounce can pink or red salmon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mustard dijon or regular
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Dash black pepper freshly ground
- Dash salt
- 2 green onions finely chopped
Drain salmon. Remove skin and bones. Chop coarsely.
Puree salmon, sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, and seasonings in blender.
Add onions. Whirl until well blended. Cover and chill.
MXMLXXXI Collectors House, Inc. All Rights Reserved Printed in Norway My Great Recipes