Here is an angel food cake recipe from the Michigan Consolidated Gas Company. It was found in the Red Plastic Box Collection.
Angel Food Cake No. 779
- 1 cup cake flour sifted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar sifted
- 1 1/4 cup egg whites about 10
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon crea m of tartar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Sift flour with 1/2 cup sugar. 3 times.
Beat egg whites until foamy.
Add salt, cream of tartar, and extract. Beat until egg whites stand in peaks when beater is lifted.
Gradually fold 1 cup sifted sugar into beaten egg whites, using about 2 tablespoons at a time.
Carefully fold in flour and sugar mixtures, sifting a small amount at a time over mixture.
Pour batter into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
Cut with knife or spatula through batter, making a complete circle through mixture.
Bake in a preheated oven at 325 about 1 hour.
Remove cake from oven. Invert it and allow it to stand inverted about 1 our. Remove cake from pan.
- Use a 10-inch tube cake pan.
- No. 779 (This is on the flip side of Strawberry Refrigerator Cake)
- Home Service Department Michigan Consolidated Gas Company
- Your dream come true - the new Freedom Gas Kitchen.