This is really good and different.
You can also add 6-8 Juniper Berries (dried), crushed to sauce for a delightful flavor!
From Cross Country Cookery
Tenderloins In Tomato Wine Sauce
- 3 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 lb pork tenderloin sliced
- 2 large onion chopped
- 3 medium green peppers cut in 1" strips
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 3 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
Saute garlic in oil. Add pork tenderloin and brown on both sides. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on top of stove, in an electric skillet, or in 350 oven, covered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
For best flavor prepare ahead and reheat at dinner time. Serve over rice. *Use a Burgundy or Zinfandel for the wine