This is a good recipe for using up leftover pork, chicken, or turkey. It is inexpensive, yet delicious, and can be completely prepared, then refrigerated or frozen for later use.
Pasta, Rice & Potatoes #69 Card 18
- 8 oz. noodles uncooked
- 4 oz. mushrooms sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half and half or milk
- 2 cups pork cooked and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- tomatoes diced
- parsley chopped
Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In large skillet, saute mushrooms in the heated butter. Add flour. Cook, stirring, until smooth. Gradually add half and half or milk, stirring, until smooth and thickened. Add noodles, pork, salt, black pepper, and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Heat through.
Pour into greased baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place under broiler for 2 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with tomatoes and chopped parsley before serving.
- The 'greased baking dish' size is not listed on the recipe card.
- Good served with tossed green salad with Italian dressing and hot crusty rolls.
- For the pork, you can substitute 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken or turkey.
- If casserole is frozen, thaw in refrigerator 1 day and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- For 2 servings: Half of the ingredients.
- For 8 servings: Double the ingredients. Use 3 1/2 cups half and half or milk.
MCMLXXXII Collectors House, Inc. All Rights Reserved Printed in Norway