The recipe for Super Fast and Tasty Apple Butter comes from House Specialties Encore by Deanna House. House taught home economics for years and also wrote extensively. You can find used copies of her books online…just go googling.
Here’s what House writes about the Super Fast and Tasty Apple Butter: When my friend Anne Reuther from Milwaukee, Wisconsin gave me this quick apple butter recipe, she had no idea how many times I would make it. It’s quick, easy, fat-free, and most of all delicious.
You can make this either in your microwave or on the stove top.
Super Fast and Tasty Apple Butter
- 3 cups apples peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup sugar
In 2-quart saucepan, combine apples, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Cover with lid.
Cook over low heat until apples are cooked, stirring occasionally.
Pour apples into blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Return apple butter to saucepan. Add sugar.
Cook low heat, stirring constantly, until apple butter is hot and sugar is dissolved. Pour into jars. Cover and refrigerate.
- In step one, reduce water to 1 tablespoon.
- In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole combine apples, water, lemon juice, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice. Cover with lid or vented plastic wrap.
- Microwave on full power 5-6 minutes until apples are cooked, stirring once.
- Blend apple mixture as above.
- Return apple butter to casserole and microwave on full power 1-2 minutes until hot and sugar is dissolved.