The good thing about this salad is that it is as delicious served immediately as it is after marinated for 24 hours. It is a perfect make-ahead for a company meal.
Good served with barbecued chicken, steamed fresh vegetables, chilled California white table wine, if you like.
This makes an excellent salad to serve on a buffet table served in a lettuce-lined bowl or if taken on a picnic, omit the lettuce.
From the My Great Recipes collection, this is Salads and Their Dressings, Section 2, Card 105
- 1 6- ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 15- ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 8 green olives
- 8 black olives
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 small whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 large clove garlic minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
Combine artichoke hearts, beans, olives, tomatoes, and mushrooms in large mixing bowl.
In separate bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, basil, salt, and black pepper. Pour over artichoke mixture, blending well.
Cover and refrigerate, if desired, or serve at once sprinkled with parsley. If salad is refrigerated, flavors are better if it is allowed to return to room temperature before serving.