This pecan and chocolate candy recipe comes from the Cross Country Cookery cookbook.
Martha Washington Creams
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 lb oleo softened
- 2 tablespoon paraffin
- 1 12 oz pkg chocolate chips
- 1 can condensed sweet milk
- 2 1 lb box powdered sugar
Blend all together except paraffin and chocolate chips. Roll into small balls 3/4″ in dia. Chill 1 hour or longer.
Dip each into chocolate-paraffin mixture that has been melted over low heat i top of double boiler. Put on waxed paper to dry.
- You can use pecan meal instead of pecans.
- Cherries may be drained (maraschino) and placed in center of each ball before dipping in chocolate. Let stand several days, and you’ll have very delicious chocolate covered cherries.