If you’ve got all the ingredients on hand for this Hurry Up Broiler Meal, you’ve got dinner on the table in minutes.
This recipe comes from the Michigan Consolidated Gas Company‘s kitchen of the 1950s.
Hurry Up Broiler Meal
- 2 No 2 cans baked beans without pork
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 small onion sliced
- 6 slices Canadian bacon cut 1/2″ in thick
- 3 large firm apples, cored and cut in 3 – 4 slices crosswise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash of cinnamon
Place baked beans, brown sugar, and sliced onion in bottom of broiler pan.
Place sliced Canadian bacon on the cold broiler grill.
Place apple slices on broiler grill. Brush with butter and lemon juice. Place pan and grid in the broiler compartment about 3 inches from the flame. Broil 5-7 minutes.
Turn bacon and apple slices. Brush apples with remaining lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Broil about 5 minutes longer or until apples are lightly browned.
- No. 1482
- Home Service Department Michigan Consolidated Gas Company
- Relax when cooking – rely on precision heat control of the CP Gas Range.