If you’re looking for a quick and hearty meal for a cold night, this Hamburger Bean Soup might hit the spot. It’s from the Michigan Consolidated Gas Company.
I can’t say I’d try the version that uses hot dogs, but you sure might. And I”ll bet you’ll add some more flavor in addition to the condensed bean soup and worcestershire sauce. How would you spice this up for modern tastes?
Hamburger Bean Soup
- 1/2 pound hamburger
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons shortening melted
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 can condensed bean soup
- 1/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
Season hamburger and make into 8 small balls.
Brown meatballs and onion in shortening.
Dilute soup with water according to directions on the can. Add meatballs and onions and worcestershire sauce. Heat thoroughly.
- You can substitute 1/2 pound frankfurters, sliced thin, for the hamburger.
- No. 1492 (The flip side of this is also No. 1492 – Saturday Night Special sandwich) Home Service Department Michigan Consolidated Gas Company
- Stays silent – lasts longer – the silent Gas refrigerator.