I don’t know about you, but I don’t really think of salad when I hear cheese and mushrooms. That said, this cheesed, mushroom, radish salad from My Great Recipes sure is interesting. Would you try it?
Cheesed Mushroom-Radish Salad
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups radishes thinly sliced
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley minced
- 8 ounces swiss or monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 teaspoons dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup salad oil
Make the vinaigrette
Combine all but salad oil in small bowl. Whisk salad oil in until well blended. Makes about 1 cup. Set aside.
Make the salad
In large mixing bowl, mix together mushrooms, radishes, onions, parsley, and cheese.
Fold in 1/2 cup mustard vinaigrette until well blended.
Cover and refrigerate if desired or serve on lettuce-lined plates with additional dressing to add to taste along with black pepper to grind over individual servings.