This Bean and Corn Salad from My Great Recipes will be popular at a patio meal, picnic, or potluck dinner. It goes especially well with fried chicken or barbecued meats.
Leftover salad can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Salads and Their Dressings, Section 2, Card 100
Bean and Corn Salad
- 1 15 1/4- ounce can red kidney beans drained
- 1 8- ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 15 1/4- ounce can string beans drained
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons green pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons green onions sliced.
Make the dressing by combining all but green pepper and green onions in a jar. Shake to blend. Then add green pepper and onion and set aside.
Arrange beans and corn in circles on serving plate. Spoon dressing evenly over top. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer before serving.