Just as appropriate for a buffet as an outdoor barbecue, these bite-sized tomatoes have a tangy hint of sherry.
Makes 50 hors d’oeuvres.
Hot and Cold Appetizers, Section 1, Card 42
Nutty Tomato Hors d'oeuvres
- 50 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons walnuts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley minced
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Walnuts optional for garnish
Remove stems from tomatoes.
With a sharp knife, cut an opening in the top of each tomato. Carefully scoop out seeds and pulp with the knife point. Use pulp for another purpose.
Combine cream cheese, walnuts, onions, parsley, sherry, and black pepper.
With pastry tube, fill each tomato with cream cheese mixture. Top with a walnut piece.
Place filled tomatoes on serving platter. Cover and chill before serving.