Update your appetizer specialties with this sour cream-spinach dip which is a surprising melange of good things: dry leek soup, parsley, onions, and green peppers. It benefits from touches of dill, salad seasoning, and garlic. For dippers, use chips, crackers, or sliced fresh vegetables like broccoli, celery, carrots, mushrooms, or radishes.
The dip improves in flavor if made a day in advance, covered, and refrigerated.
Makes about 4 cups dip.
Hot and Cold Appetizers, Section 1, Card 55
Arline's Spinach Dip
- 1 10- ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package dry leek soup mix
- 3/4 cup parsley chopped
- 3/4 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 1 teaspoon salad seasoning mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- sliced radishes optional for garnish
Squeeze spinach of excess moisture. Finely chop and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in soup mix, mixing well.
Fold in spinach, other chopped vegetables, and seasonings, blending until well combined. Cover and chill at least 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
Garnish with sliced radishes when ready to serve.
MXMLXXXI Collectors House, Inc. All Rights Reserved Printed in Norway My Great Recipes